- Internet structure, protocols, and layers
- Internet application layer: DNS, HTTP, Email, P2P applications, multimedia (VoIP, streaming)
- Internet transport layer: UDP & TCP protocols
- Internet network layer: IP addressing and subnetting, NAT, IPv6
- Routing in the Internet: OSPF, IS-IS & BGP protocols
- MPLS: applications in the network of modern ISP
- Content Delivery Networks and Internet datacenters
- Internet of Things
- Lecture: Thursday, 08:15-10:00, room 103; Piotr Gajowniczek, PhD; firstname.lastname@example.org, Andrzej Bak, PhD; email@example.com
- Lab exercises: via remote access to router lab; supervisor: Piotr Gajowniczek, PhD; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course mailing list: EINTE.A@elka.pw.edu.pl
- Estimated test dates:
- mid-term test: April 6th
- final test: June 1st
- More info: Slides on course organization and lab remote access
- The 3rd + 4th lab exercise (covered by single instruction manual) in remote router lab is available since April 28th until May 28th
- If any team still needs to attempt lab. 2, please let me know by email asap.
- The mid-term test results: Mid-term test results
Most of the lab exercises are done via the remote access to the IT infrastructure located in the premises of the Department of Networks and Network Services.
The following documents provide information on lab-related topics; please read them carefully before making the first reservation and attempting lab exercises:
Lab instruction manuals:
- Lab 1 (TCP) is done off-line (no resource reservation is necessary). The reports in PDF format should be sent to email address: email@example.com no later than May 14th.
- Lab 2, 3, and 4 (Networking) will be executed on remote router lab and require resource reservation during a period of exercise availability.
- Lab 5 (IOT) will run at the faculty premises, during lecture hours.